Video Tutorial 6.2
Author: Nicolas R. Malloy
Working with Landsat 8 Imagery
Students who successfully complete this tutorial should be able to:
- Practice decompressing a tar ball file (.tar.gz).
- Construct a composite raster using ArcGIS software
- Describe the spectral bands measured by Landsat 8 along with their mapping applications
- Demonstrate how to assign Landsat 8 bands in order to create a true-color composite.
- Demonstrate how to assign Landsat 8 bands to create a near infrared false-color composite
In this tutorial, you will create a composite raster in ArcMap. You will then modify the RGB channels to display different spectral band combinations to create both a true-color and a false-color composite. Watch the videos below and follow along to complete the tutorial.
While watching the video, Working with Landsat 8 Imagery: Part 2, you may need to stop and visit the NASA web page: Landsat 8 Bands
Part 1: Creating a Composite Raster Layer using Landsat 8 Imagery
Part 2: Creating a True-color and a False-color Composite